The Web Presence Builder is a tool used to develop a website within your Plesk control panel. It is located on the home screen and has an icon that looks like a hammer crossed with a pencil. There is a known issue effecting the startup with the Web Presence Builder because of the fact that it defaults to a non-secure port. We will briefly describe a work around in this article.
- 1. Launch the Web Presence Building as you normally would by clicking on the link inside of you control panel.
- 2. Pick the domain that you wish to install the website to.
- 3. The browser will time-out and you will get a screen that says that it cannot continue.
- 4. In the URL bar of your browser replace http:// with https:// and replace 8880 with 8443.
- 5. Do not modify anything else in the address bar and hit return to go to the changed address.
- 6. The Web Presence Building should work as intended at this point.
If you have any other issues with the WPB please contact us immediately.